This page contains learning resources for working with Stardog.
We have a variety of resources to get you started with working with Stardog.
We’ve highlighted some of our foundational blogs below. Additional blog posts are available on our blogs page. While these blog posts are more high level in nature, Stardog Labs contains our engineering blog.
- What is a Knowledge Graph- provides the foundation for the problems Stardog aims to solve.
- Learning SPARQL with Interactive Tutorials - provides an overview of the interactive tutorials embedded in Stardog Studio
- Analyzing COVID-19 Data with SPARQL - analyze the New York Times open source COVID-19 dataset using Stardog Sandbox
We’ve highlighted some of our foundational tutorials below. Additional tutorials are available on our tutorials page.
- RDF Graph Data Model - Learn about the RDF graph model used by Stardog.
- Learn SPARQL - Write Knowledge Graph queries using SPARQL with step-by-step examples. If you are not familiar with Stardog and Stardog Studio, we recommend reviewing the Getting Started Part 1: Introduction to SPARQL prior to completing this.
- Getting Started Part 0: Introduction to the Knowledge Graph - Learn foundational concepts about the Knowledge Graph
- Getting Started Part 1: Introduction to SPARQL - Put Knowledge Graph concepts in-action using SPARQL
- Getting Started Part 2: Six degrees of Kevin Bacon - Solve the classic Kevin Bacon problem using Stardog
We’ve highlighted some of the foundational trainings below. Additional trainings are available on our trainings page.
- The basics of the RDF graph model
- How to build a simple SPARQL query, step-by-step
- Stardog’s SPARQL extension to find shortest paths
- More advanced SPARQL features like optional values, negation and aggregation
- What reasoning means and how it relates to data modeling
- The basics of reasoning with RDFS and OWL ontologies
- How to use user-defined rules for inferring new types and edges in RDF graphs
- Using reasoning with SPARQL queries inside Stardog Studio
- How logical reasoning relates to statistical reasoning and machine learning
- The basics of RDF data validation
- The core features of the SHACL language
- How SHACL validation interacts with RDFS/ OWL reasoning
- Stardog’s integrity constraint validation capability for validating SHACL constraints
Need some help? Want to be part of the Stardog Community? Our Community page is a great resource to discuss Stardog and Stardog Studio, make support requests, ask questions, etc.
Recently launched in the Summer of 2020, Stardog Labs is a new hub of insight, news, and buzz about knowledge graph technology. The site features technical blogs, showcasing job opportunities focused on knowledge graph development, and curating research papers and open source projects.
While Stardog Labs will serve as our Engineering blog, it’s also designed for participation from our community of Stardog users, academic researchers, and knowledge graph enthusiasts.